USB flash drives are the most widely used data storage devices, which is an alternative for CD, DVD, floppy drive, etc. With wide usage of USB drives, users need to give more attention for USB drive partition loss scenarios. In spite of taking necessary precautionary measures to prevent partition loss, users may still face partition loss or deletion from USB drives.
Major causes behind deletion or loss of partitions from USB drives:
- Ejecting USB drives from the Mac machines without using safe remove hardware option may result in the partition damage on USB drive. Partitions on USB drive can also get deleted or lost due Malware or severe virus attacks
- File system corruption can lead to partition loss from USB drives. Turning off your Mac computer in abnormal way, accidentally terminating the programs which is still processing, power surges, etc. are few common reasons behind file system corruption
- When you decide to format an infected USB partition, you may accidentally format some other healthy drive instead of the infected partition and changing the file system of USB drive from HFS to HFS+ or vice versa in an improper way without having any backups leads to partition loss from USB flash drives
- Sometimes, you may accidentally delete an important partition on the USB drive instead of deleting the required partition
- Other than these there are lots of other causes behind partition loss such as changing the file system of USB drive very often, partition header corruption, following incorrect procedure while creating a new partition, etc.
Whenever you face such issues, the first and foremost thing that you need to do is stop further usage of the USB drive to prevent overwriting of data. Because, saving new files on the lost or deleted partition data will reduces the chance of partition recovery. Then, USB partition recovery tool like Remo Recover software should be your first choice by which you can easily retrieve files from deleted or lost USB partition. With this partition recovery software USB, you can restore all your data from deleted, lost, corrupted, formatted, reformatted, and inaccessible partitions on USB drives with utmost ease.
Advantages of using Remo Recover utility:
- It comes out with free trial edition that permits users to test the performance of the software before purchase
- “Preview” option in demo version helps you to view the recoverable files that assists you in deciding the ability of the software
- Demo edition comes out with advanced feature “Save Recovery Session” that saves your valuable time while running the licensed version, as you can use :Open Recovery Session” option and save the recovered files without performing rescanning of the USB drive
- Apart from USB flash drives, it also retrieves missing or deleted partitions from hard disk drives (both internal and external HDD), pen drives, memory cards, thumb drives, FireWire drives, etc.
- This USB partition recovery tool supports recovery of more than 300 types of files including videos, pictures, music files, PowerPoint files, spreadsheets, PDF files, Word files, PST files, games, system files, .apk files, and so on
- Runs well on almost all versions of Mac OS X such as El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard, etc.