The Microsoft’s first true laptop Surface Book starting at $1,499 is designed in such a way that you will ignore the 13-inch MacBook Pro. The Microsoft’s laptop has some unique features like fully detachable touch display that supports handy pen functions for sketching or taking notes. Apple released the latest 13-inch MacBook Pro, with slim, speedy performance and innovative Force Touch trackpad.
Figure out which of these premium, professional-minded notebooks most deserves your dollar:
- Design and Ports: The Surface Book is slim, sporting a sleek and flexible design to keep the notebook’s removable display. While the new MacBook Pro is virtually unchanged but still a top-heavy and opening the lid is too difficult. However, MacBook Pro is good when compared to Surface Book because of it’s more refined construction.
- Display: Both laptop’s displays are just wonderful, where the Surface Book has 13.5 inches, 3000 x 2000 pixels and MacBook Pro 13.3 inches, 2560 x 1600 pixels. Here, the Surface Book is a winner as it has a sharper and more colorful canvas than the MacBook Pro.
- Keyboard and Touchpad: Both notebook’s are comfortable to type. The Surface Book’s pad supports many gestures including a three-finger tap and three-finger slide but scrolling stuttered especially in Chrome. In this case, MacBook Pro is good as it is more feature-rich and intuitive and offers variety of shortcuts with its unique Force Touch trackpad.
- One of the most amazing feature of Surface Book is its ability to double as a robust stand-alone tablet for sketching and note-taking.
- With Windows 10’s Continuity feature, the Surface Book automatically shifts to a touch-friendly interface the second you snap the display off.
- The new version of Apple’s OS X features Handoff allows your MacBook to operate seamlessly with your iPhone or iPad.
- Though the MacBook Pro has useful iOS integration, but here the Surface Book make it a true standout because of it’s detachable screen, pen and touch features.
- Both notebook’s have impressive endurance, but Surface Book has the slight edge in battery life over the MacBook Pro’s battery life.
- The MacBook Pro delivers sharp selfies and superior audio than the Surface Book that has an extra camera.
- The Surface Book notebooks is more versatile and provide wider range of configurations but the affordable starting price of MacBook Pro make it a true standout.
Overall MackBook pro is really good when compare to Surface Book laptops.