GoPro is an American company that develops and markets high definition video cameras, mainly used for extreme audio and video shooting. The GoPro camcorders are light weight, compact and rugged that can capture photos and shoot video in wide angles. Generally the recorded videos and images are stored on a removable media device such as a flash card. The default video file format of the movies shot in GoPro cameras is the H.264.
The videos and other data can get deleted from a GoPro camcorder’s flash card just as from any removable media devices; the conditions and factors are about the same. Hence, a few of the most obvious actions that can cause data loss on GoPro devices are mentioned below. Go through them before we learn how to perform deleted GoPro video recovery using a Windows OS based computer.
Various actions that can cause file deletion on a GoPro camcorder’s storage device:
- The most common cause for file deletion in all platforms is accidental data erasure, where in a user may mistakenly erase important files
- Other major file delete action include data loss due to file corruption, where a file can go missing if the program accessing it is corrupted
- Improper usage of the GoPro camcorder or its flash card; for example, using the device without its handling knowledge or rough handling the media device
- Errors encountered during transfer of files, such as from GoPro camcorder to a PC, etc. can cause files to get erased
- Other issues such as hardware problems, shooting movies while the camera’s battery is almost zero, and the like
Let whatever be the reason for data erasure on GoPro camcorder’s storage device, the process of file delete action which happens remains same. That is to say, when a file is erased, only the header having the location of that item is erased keeping the file data unharmed. But that file becomes undetectable to the GoPro camcorder or any other computer.
In order to make that file visible again, you will need a reliable and effective third party file recovery software such as Remo Recover, which is specialized in retrieving GoPro camcorder’s deleted data. It is a tool which can efficiently scan for all deleted or lost data from any storage device and retrieve all data with ease.
Restoring deleted GoPro videos using Remo Recover:
The movies or photos shot using a GoPro camcorder can be of high importance to you, and losing such items is quite inacceptable. If data loss occurs on this device due to any reasons, it becomes crucial for you to perform GoPro camcorder data recovery. Remo Recover is a powerful data recovery tool using one can reliably undelete GoPro camcorder files with ease.
Some useful tips to keep data safe on a GoPro camcorder’s storage device:
- Maintain the GoPro camcorder’s battery adequately charged before using it because shooting videos when the camera’s battery is almost dead can make the camcorder not to store that file
- Frequently using the flash card on multiple devices such as other cameras, card readers, and the like can result in data deletions or loss
- Keep the GoPro camcorder’s storage volume protected from various threats such as viruses and malwares, and also secure it from virus infected devices