HFS, which is abbreviated as Hierarchical File System is a default file system in Mac computers. HFS is exclusively designed and developed by Apple Inc. for use in Mac computer systems that is used for organization of files on a Mac memory Volume. When a hard disk drive is formatted for a Mac computer, then HFS is used to create a directory, which can expand as new files or folders that are added to the Mac Volume
Somehow the files and folders stored in Mac HFS Volume gets deleted due to our own mistake or due to some unexpected circumstances. There are variety of ways by which files gets deleted from HFS Volume, few important ones are discussed below, be aware of these scenarios and be careful in future and avoid such scenarios
- Unintentional deletion of files is one of the most common scenario behind data loss on Mac systems. While deleting unwanted files, you may delete one or more important files, and later you may empty Trash folder that causes permanent deletion of files
- Deleting the files from Mac Volume using Command + Delete keys causes permanent deletion of files
- If there is any sort of interruptions like abrupt system shutdown or abrupt ejection of portable storage device from the Mac system, while transferring files from Mac computer to the other device or vice versa can result in deletion of files
- Usage of unreliable third party tools, hard drive malfunction, MBR corruption, operating system corruption, bad sectors, file system corruption, formatting the HFS Volume intentionally or unintentionally without backup, etc.
How to recover deleted files from HFS on Mac computers?
If you are a victim of any of the above discussed data loss scenarios, then take the help of Remo Recover, which is a perfect tool to restore deleted files from HFS on almost all Mac OS X such as Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard, etc. This tool restores data from formatted, reformatted, deleted, and missing Mac Volumes with great ease. It recovers almost all types of files including videos, pictures, audio files, system or program files, games, Word documents, Excel files, PowerPoint presentation files, and many more. It can not only recover deleted files from HFS, but even has an ability to retrieve deleted or lost files from HFS+, HFSX, and FAT file systems. In case, if you have permanently deleted few essential files using “rm” command in Mac terminal, you need not worry, as this software can even restore deleted files from Mac terminal within couple of clicks
Why Remo Recover is considered as the best choice over other tools?
- Remo Recover comes out with free trial version that helps users to evaluate the tool prior purchasing
- Demo edition, scans the entire HFS Volume with its advanced scanning algorithms and once the completion of scanning process, allows users to preview the recoverable files
- Demo version comes out with save recovery session that helps users in avoiding rescanning of HFS Volume again and again while running its complete edition, as one can use “Open Recovery Session” button and save the recovered files in the desired location
- Apart from hard disk drives, it also restored both deleted as well as lost files from USB flash drives, pen drives, memory cards, FireWire drives, and other storage devices
- It makes data recovery process an effortless by providing easy to operate user interface